Shipping... Oh Shipping. Everything You Need to Know About Your Hippo Package!
Reliable, Fast shipping is what we believe makes or breaks a company
We have played around with many different options since Happy Hippo was created - and we still can’t guarantee we are going to stick with what we have (We want the absolute best for our customers!)
Here is a little guide to everything you need to know about our current shipping as a Happy Hippo customer…
What Shipping Options Do We Offer?
The Shipping providers we currently offer are: UPS, FedEx, and USPS for those who have PO Boxes.
However, each Carrier has a slightly different service.
- The only option for Next Day Shipping!
- Price is calculated based on where you live (Can range between $14 - $52)
- You can qualify for FREE use of this shipping when you spend $150 or more on product
- 2-Day Shipping
- Price is Flat-Rate, at $9.50 per package
- You can qualify for FREE use of this shipping service when you spend $100 or more on product
- Only available for those who have PO Boxes (FedEx and UPS do not deliver to PO Boxes)
- For Priority Shipping (3-5 business days) the price is a Flat-Rate of $8.00
- For Express Shipping (2-3 business days) the price starts at $27.00
- If you have a PO Box and you want to use the other services instead, OR if you do not have a PO Box but would like to use USPS - reach out to Support about your concerns and we can work with you.
Something that we pride ourselves in is our SAME-DAY shipping! Not a lot of other Kratom Vendors offer this.
Our Fulfillment Team is constantly busy - packing and filling orders carefully, but as fast as we can!
Here is what you need to do to qualify for Same-Day shipping:
- Submit your order before 4PM (EST)
- Be sure your order is Paid and Processed!
- If you selected Mobile Check as your payment method, you need to have your Check photos submitted before 4PM (EST) for your Order to qualify for same day shipping
- If you selected Bitcoin/Ether as your payment method, we process BTC Transfers manually. Sending a screenshot of your COMPLETED Transfer to our Support email will ensure your Order gets Processed ASAP!
NOTE: If your Bitcoin is not Processed by 4PM (EST), chances are we could not locate your BTC Transfer in time. Our Hippo Helpers will reach out the following day for payment confirmation.
- Use FedEx or UPS
- We do NOT offer Same-Day shipping with USPS anymore. This is because our volume with those packages is so low, we do not have a pickup scheduled at the end of the day anymore - therefore they are scheduled for the early morning to pick up any orders submitted the previous day.
Reasons that Same-Day shipping does NOT apply:
- Saturday - after 3PM (EST)
- If your order status is still awaiting payment by 4PM (EST)
- If you paid with ACH/eCheck for the first time (we always hold to verify funds)
- If you paid with Bitcoin/Ether for the first time (funds are held through their service for a period of time)
- High volume days
- While we try our absolute best to get every order out in time - very rarely we have a case where we just cannot keep up. Things happen, employees call out of work, our printer stops working, whatever it may be - some things are out of our control and when this does happen, and we confirm it was an ‘us’ issue, we will credit any SHIPPING CHARGE paid for the order that did not go out Same-Day.
A confirmation email including your Tracking information will be sent out to customers shortly after the Delivery driver scans the package.
This could be as late as 10PM (EST)
My Package is Lost - What do I do?
Unfortunately - things like this can happen frequently, and it is best to be prepared for it to happen rather than be blindsided when it does.
The most common thing we see - is a package being stated as Delivered, when it has not actually been delivered...
Here are some tips for handling situations like this
- First things first, look around your property:
- Sometimes, packages can be delivered in areas that the driver thinks will keep the porch pirates away (inside a bush, behind a plant pot, by a side door, etc.)
- If you do this and you still cannot locate it, patience is usually your next step.
- VERY OFTEN, the driver will mark the package as delivered while they are still in transit to make their job easier. They may be just down the street finishing up other deliveries and yours could arrive soon.
- If the end of the day comes and goes, refer to a neighbor.
- Every now and again, the delivery driver will drop your package off at a neighbors house thinking it was the correct house
- Usually, the neighbor will bring it by. However sometimes, it goes unnoticed and it takes confrontation before they realize they have a package that belongs to someone else.
- If you go through all these steps with no luck, the last resort is to submit a claim. Here are the links to every service and their Claim Portal:
It is important to read the information given about filing a claim; some delivery services will make you wait a certain amount of days before you are eligible to submit the claim
If you try to submit a claim and it tells you the ‘shipper’ needs to file a claim, reach out to our Support and we can assist you
To prevent future mishaps when using FedEx Delivery - you can download their app or get signed up on their website with FedEx Delivery Manager. With this, you can control your package more: having it held at certain locations, rerouting to a new address, or leaving notes such as “Leave at back door”.
Reshipping Lost Packages
To calm your worry - just know that we would never say “too bad so sad” when a package goes missing. It is not right for us to make you eat the cost of an expensive package, so we will reship you new product if all the steps have been taken to retrieve it.
Here are the requirements for reshipping a lost package:
- You must show some kind of receipt (a screenshot, forwarded email, claim number, etc.) proving you filed a claim before reaching out to our Support
- You must wait 7 days after the ship-date (this avoids the original package showing up later in the week after we already sent a replacement package)
All in all, we try our very best to make sure our customers are happy with every aspect of our company - and shipping plays a big part in this.
Once the package leaves our facility - it is technically out of our control, but we vow to do everything we can to help in these inconvenient situations.